Helicopters, Seaplanes, and Turboprops – one small carry on per person is allowed (25 lbs maximum), roughly the same size as a carry on bag on a commercial airline flight. Your luggage will be inspected for size and weight when you arrive to the BLADE Lounge or point of departure.
You may also bring personal items such as a laptop, tablet, purse, periodicals, or a folio. Briefcases, backpacks, messenger-style bags must be stowed in the aircraft baggage compartment. These items are also subject to the 25 lb weight limit which includes the weight of any other stowed luggage you may have.
Golf Clubs are only permitted on charter flights.
BLADE Jets – If your BLADE Jet flight includes a helicopter connection – limit of one 25 lb carry-on bag per passenger. If no helicopter connection – one carry-on bag and up to three checked bags (1 for Aspen flights) per passenger.
Stowe Scheduled Flights – One small carry-on per person is allowed, 25 lbs maximum. Pets and ski gear must be approved by a member of the BLADE team. If you bring either to your flight without approval, BLADE reserves the right to reject luggage or pets that are deemed too heavy or large. In this case, BLADE will put the luggage in another mode of transport to the traveler’s destination, at the user’s expense.
BLADE JFK, EWR, and LGA – One carry-on per person is allowed, 25 lbs maximum.
If you have excess or oversized baggage:
- For flights between Manhattan and the Hamptons, optionally add a ToteTaxi upgrade to your flight at checkout, or call Flier Relations after purchase. Perfect for transporting large items like golf clubs, bicycles, or large suitcases.
- For flights between JFK and Manhattan, optionally add a ToteTaxi luggage pickup and delivery upgrade to your flight at checkout, or call Flier Relations after purchase. Pricing begins at $85 for two bags, plus $40 for each additional bag.
- If you bring oversized baggage to your flight, a member of Team BLADE reserves the right to disallow bags that are deemed too heavy or large. In this case, BLADE will put the luggage on the Jitney or other mode of transport to the traveler’s destination, at the user’s expense. If there is room, BLADE will make an effort to place your item on later flight.
The following items are not permitted on any flight:
- 15 Inch MacBook Pro laptops (09/15-02/17). For more information, and to check your serial number, click here
- Galaxy Note 7
- Aerosol cans
- Hazardous materials, including explosives, compressed gases, flammable liquids and solids, oxidizers, poisons, corrosives and radioactive materials (examples include paints, light fluid, fireworks, tear gases, oxygen bottles, and radio-pharmaceuticals)
The following items must be on your person or in the cabin with you and are prohibited from being in your checked baggage:
- Electronic smoking devices and e-cigarettes.
- Lithium batteries, all consumer electronic & medical devices (watches, cameras, cellular phones, lap-top computer, camcorders, and hearing aids, etc.) containing lithium cells or batteries, and spare lithium batteries and cells for these devices.
Additionally, the Transportation Security Administration (“TSA”) prohibits certain other items from being on-board an aircraft. The TSA’s current list of prohibited items (the “List”) may be viewed here.
The TSA frequently updates the List. It is the responsibility of each passenger to review and prepare its luggage in accordance with the List prior to each scheduled departure. Under no circumstances will Blade be responsible for refusing to allow prohibited items onto an aircraft. In addition to the List, BLADE reserves the right to prohibit any items onto an aircraft with or without cause.